Multitasking does NOT work. Even for the so-called digital natives. The human brain is built for concentrating on one thing at a time.
Slow and Tech?
Carl in conversation with Dennis Crowley, the founder of Foursquare, chatting about Tech, Slow and a whole lot more….
Why we all need the Slow Web movement.
PODCAST: To Buddhify, or not to Buddhify
[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/4490700/height/26/width/200/thumbnail/yes/render-playlist/no/theme/standard-mini” height=”26″ width=”200″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Carl speaks to Rohan Gunatillake, a modern maven of mindfulness. His company created buddhify, the bestselling meditation app, and Wired magazine put him on its Smart List of 50 People Who Will Change the World. Rohan talks about his new book, This Is Happening, a manifesto for mindfulness in a busy, digital world.
(Recorded in London on March 23, 2016)
Topics covered include:
1. How to build mindfulness into a busy schedule
2. Are people becoming too dependent on apps to meditate?
2. Can you be mindful without being spiritual?
3. Does mindfulness have to be a solo experience or can it also be a communal?
4. What would it mean to design wellbeing into technology?
5. Advert Jujitsu, the Mouse Sweep and other mindfulness techniques for modern life.
6. How to use a smartphone mindfully.
7. Can you experience pain without suffering?
Download in iTunes.
Visit Rohan’s website
Everything you wanted to now about Slow TV but were afraid to ask.
Why deep, reflective journalism is more important than ever in a world of information overload.
The publish-or-perish model is stifling innovation + fostering timid scientific research. Time for a Slow Science revolution
Reach out and touch someone
New word of the week: Pphubbing means “partner phone snubbing.” And guess what: it’s a bit of a romance killer.
Stop googling, start talking
Why we need to reclaim conversation (and solitude) in the digital age.
The caviar of slow
Would you watch a live stream of cod roe maturing inside a storage unit in Norway? Slow TV meets caviar.