[iframe style=”border:none” src=”http://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/3798462/height/26/width/200/thumbnail/yes/theme/standard-mini” height=”26″ width=”200″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Carl interviews Petter Neby of Punkt, which makes “thoughtful electronics.” In September 2015, the company launched its brand-new MP 01, a mobile phone with no Internet connection.
That’s right, no connection at all. But it does transmit the human voice in pure, crystalline sharpness.
The aim: to help us switch off, be in the moment and rediscover the art of conversation. Will it work?
Topics covered in the podcast include:
1. The perils of “communication obesity”
2. Why birdsong ringtones do not work in Florence, Italy
3. The rise of Slow Gaming and the Decelerator Helmet
4. The joy and power of doing nothing
5. Why human conversation needs to be uncomfortable sometimes
(Recorded in London. Running time: 26’11”)
Learn more about the MP 01 and Punkt here.